Saturday, February 10, 2018

Year of the Dog

Hello, blogging Buddies!

I have a few special friends (including my fellow stamper and blogging pal, Cindy) for whom I make Chinese New Year cards. I love the challenge because each year features a different animal and because I have a fascination with the rich and colorful traditions of the culture. It is all good.

Laurel Burch
February 16th is the big day and this is the Year of the Dog! My card features a wonderful Laurel Burch image by Stampendous. I was a big fan of Laurel in the 1960's and 1970's. I wore her jewelry (still do!) and carried her beautiful bags. She is probably most well-known for her cat images. She died in 2007, but her unique art lives on! I love it that Stampendous has a new line of terrific products featuring her designs.

I watercolored the "Tail Run" dog with Gansai Tambi paints and assembled the card using the traditional red and gold colors. I used a Sizzix  embossing folder for the background, some gold-printed vellum and some gold foil paper that I die cut (Memory Box "Parker Numbers" & Die-Namics Border).

Do not remove this vinyl!
There is something worth noting about Stampedous cling stamps. Unlike most clings, they come with an additional "cling vinyl label" which you do not remove from the stamp; it is mounted directly onto your block or stamp positioner along with the rubber stamp. Here is a tip sheet to better explain this feature: https://www.stampendous.com/tips-techniques/stamps/cling-rubber-stamps/.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and lots of stamping! Thanks for the visit,





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...