Friday, September 15, 2017

Pineapple Chin?!

Hello, Bloggin' Buddies!

So, the other day one of my very favorite exercise instructors was leading us in an exercise and she said to imagine a pineapple under our chins! Well, I've just had that image in my head ever since! I decided to thank her for doing that to me - ha!

I made this card with the Hero Arts Layering Pineapple die which is a little tricky to use. I doesn't cut out the shape of the pineapple, but rather the textural elements. A bit of a challenge. In fact, if I had realized this when I purchased it (I love all things tropical) I probably would not have.

I die cut the image and colored it up, using a mask, with Distress Inks and some finger daubers. It went well.

The sentiment is from "Many Thanks" by Paper Smooches and the sequins are from Simon Says Stamp "Sunshine Mix". I splattered the background with my gold and black Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. The cardstock is Essentials by Ellen's "Desert Storm".

The nifty Stickles edging on the left side is a little trick I learned from the amazing Julie Ebersole when I took a class from her at the Paper Garden Boutique. My hand isn't quite as steady as hers, but I love the look.

Thanks for the visit and think tropical,


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...