Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ellen's 12 Tags with a Feminine Twist

HI, bloggin' buddies!

I have been simply drooling over the amazing tags presented this year in Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist. I finally had some time today - just under the gun - to give it a shot. It was so difficult to decide which tag to use as my inspiration - they are all so incredible!

I settled on tag #11 by Sharon Harnist. There are so many amazing techniques on this tag. I did my own take on the tag using some of them - specifically, layering the laurel wreath with rolled up glue dots and die-cutting corregated cardstock (never thought of either of these!) - and using the supplies I had on hand.

I didn't have gesso or Copic refillers, so I used Ranger's paint daubbers on watercolor paper. This resulted in an entirely different look, but I like it. To give it an extra feminine kick, I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls mist. To add to the home-spun feel, I used a tiny gingham checked paper in two places - on the grommet and behind the sentiment.

Of course, the dies and stamps are from the amazing Julie Elerbe - Essentials by Ellen (Cozy Christmas, Home & Hearth, Laurel Wreath)! Super-cool.

While I am typically not a "pink" person, I love this tag. Thanks to Ellen, Sharon and Julie! What great women! Thanks for the great inspiration.

Wishing you only the best and thanks for the visit,



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...