Monday, July 1, 2013

A Red, White and Blue Birthday

I have a dear friend who shares a birthday with our country! Yep, she was born on the 4th of July, making her a Yankee-Doodle Dandy.

I made her this star-spangled card using Tim Holtz's Birthday Blueprint. I especially love these stamps because they bring back memories of the years I studied architecture.

I paper pieced it using scraps from my bin and added some glitter pens, brads, Stickles, some stick-on stars and a Hero Arts sentiment (Many Birthday Messages). Love that glittery red paper!

Looks like I still have time to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" Challenge, so I shall.

We are headed out for another week. I have switched to Feedly with the demise of Google Reader (but I also have a sidebar button for bloglovin') - I'll see you there and then!

Happy 4th to my USA readers and Happy Canada Day! And blessings to you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...