Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Year of the Snake

Every year I try to make a Happy New Year card for my dear Chinese friend. She really appreciates them and they are a fun design stretch for me.

I dug out some of my old Hero Arts stamps (CL339, CL498) and some special gold paper I've been hoarding. For the bamboo I tried something new - double (or, shadow) stamping with Hero Arts Shadow and Mid-tone inks. I masked the banner to shorten it up for this design.

The gold paper is so reflective that it is difficult to photograph.

I believe that this is the symbol for posterity - I can only hope that, whatever it is, it is appropriate!

Wishing you a happy year, snake or no snake!

Thanks for the visit!




P.S. If you are interested, Emily Leiphart is planning a Chinese New Year Blog Hop. You may want to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...