Sunday, July 8, 2012

WORLD PEAS

We just returned from a wonderful several-day celebration of our nation's birthday. There was an adorable parade, wonderful fireworks, lots of swimming, the Farmer's Market, bike riding, barbequing, bocce ball, visiting with friends, relaxing......all in such a beautiful setting - California's Napa Valley. Loved it!

I returned to find my brand-new "Space Cadet" set from Paper Smooches in the mail. The challenge this week at Paper Smooches Sparks is a Trends Watch featuring this Food Fresh image - I knew that I had to be quick to make the deadline. Since I have no food-themed Paper Smooches stamps and I wanted to use this new set, I reached back to my hippie roots from the 1960's to "give peas a chance"!

I got out some felt and started snipping! I love how the leaves curl up just like the real thing. A great Cuttlebug embossing folder provided the texture. This was a real quickie, and certainly not my normal style, but I like it. 
 Thanks for looking - have a great week - I'll see you tomorrow for some stamp stretching!

Maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...