Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Going Postal

Hero Arts S5215, Papertrey Ink "Fly Away"

Good Morning - hope you all had a lovely weekend. We celebrated Memorial Day here in the USA and it was the coldest I ever remember. This usually marks the start of summer, but we had our heater on. Crazy!

I recently wanted to recognize the exceptional work of my local postal worker, so I made him this little card (I also wrote a complimentary letter to the Postmaster).

How many canceled stamps do we toss out everyday? And stamps are so cool - great colors, great images (who designs them, anyway?) and different sizes. I have a whole box of them!

Here I used stamps as an abstract skyline, paired with a Hero Arts background stamp and a Papertrey Ink airplane.

I am submitting this to the Moxie Fab World's "Postal Challenge" and  the Simon Says Stamp "Father's Day/For a Special Male (Mail?) Challenge" .

Take good care and have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...