Monday, October 3, 2011

A Damp Thank You!

I wanted to make some cards to say a special thank you to some of those who sent along special wishes for my birthday and my speedy recovery. I have learned to love tiny cards; sometimes just the handmade card and sentiment can sort of "say it all" and you don't need too much space to write a personal greeting.  The envelope size here is 3.5" x 5". I often pick up inexpensive note card sets on clearance or at garage sales and just use the little envelopes. Easy!

You know how nuts I am for mermaids. I made several (what does one call a grouping of mermaids? A gaggle, a swarm, a pod......????) of these little gems, using a stamp by Uptown Design Co. (#125186). I colored them with Copic pens and added a shell (punch by Martha Stewart, edged with Distressed Inks and run through the crimper), an ocean water patterned paper banner with some rub-on sentiments (t.y.notes) and some pearl accents. I added some Stickles & faux stitching and I stamped some shells on the envelopes. Fresh and fun!

Some of you have asked about our recent floor refinishing project. It was a total hassle, but so worth it. It looks so  beautiful and now we are finishing the entire re-do. It is long over-due and such a treat.

Thanks for looking and have a great week!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...