Monday, August 29, 2011

Bonjour, mon amie Mary!

Now that my HUGE moment of fame has passed (right!), and my toes have uncurled a bit from the big Moxie Fab World news this morning, I want to share a card with you which I made for my dear friend Mary's 60th birthday. Keep in mind that she loves Paris and that she has a French Bulldog. She is also really smart, incredibly funny and cute as can be. You'd love her!

I found a greeting card at the car wash (yes, I still look at ready-made cards!) with this amazing dog. I cut her out, embellished the heck out of her and featured her on this Eiffel Tower card. You may remember another card that I recently made in this style - I even posted a link to a YouTube how-to video. These cards are neat because they fold flat for mailing, are fun to open, and stand up so perfectly on their own. It stay in place with a little piece of Velcro.

So, the doggie got a crown (made from Shrinky Dinks - how fun are they?!) and lots of glitter and rhinestones. I stamped the Eiffel Tower, the French postmark and the sentiment. I added lots of embellishments from my extensive stash.

One of the sides has a little sentiment (computer generated) about turning 60. I knew that those six years of French class would come in handy some day! The paper is Graphic 45's "Curtain Call" - love it. Very French, eh?

I left the third side of the card for my note, so I didn't photograph it.

Okay, now I need to stop speaking in a very overdone French accent (it is such fun!) and get some work done. Eh, mon petite cheri?

Thanks for all support on my Moxie Fab recognition-what a day!  You all are the very best! Au revoir!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...