Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Twisted Easel Card for Barb

As you may have read on an earlier post, I was lucky enough to win some fantastic Blog Candy from my online pal, Barb. I told you all about her and the special friendship that we share. I wanted to send her a special thank you and I was determined to figure out how to make an A2 size "Twisted Easel" style card.  Now that she has received it, I can post it here.

There are several instructional videos out there, but I found this one most helpful. I still didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I modified what I saw and kind of made up my own design. After several measuring errors, I am really happy with the results.

The fun is when it is opened and displayed!  You open the card, give it a slight twist and the main design element stands right up! Cool! The easel portion is held in place by the sentiment element, which is elevated with dimensionals. I wanted to use a flower theme since Barb is a big flower fan. In addition, the flower image is one that can be viewed from any direction, so when it turns it still looks correct. I wanted to use orange, sine that is the color Barb used for my special gift package.

The shapes were cut with my Cuttlebug using Spellbinders dies. The flower was stamped, colored and cut with good old-fashioned scissors.

The stamps are Hero Arts, CL046 Clear Design Friendship Messages and CL375 Big Flowers. That flower set is one of my favorites. I used water colors and some bling and ribbon from my stash.

I sure hope that I can make another card of this style someday - I should have made two of them after I figured it out!

Here is one final photo to show the detail. I hope that I can add this style of card to the next card class I teach. There are so many possibilities! 

Thanks for looking and thanks again, Barb.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...