Monday, June 13, 2011

Giraffe on Film!

Home again! I had a great road trip visiting with family. I spent some quality time with my Dad and his wife in Southern California and with my cousins in the Central Valley. I even made some cards with my 11-year old (third) cousin. I will post those cards after I photograph them. Nice trip!

Here is a card I made right before I left. I couldn't post it here until I gave it to my good water aerobics and crafty pal, Kathleen. She loves and collects giraffes.

For this birthday card I decided to play with Shari's digital challenge over at Lily Pad Cards. The challenge is open until June 24th, so check it out and play along! The remarkable Shari provided these free Hero Arts digital dies for the challenge. At this point I refuse to go digital for die-cutting - I love my little hand-cranker Cuttlebug and don't plan to replace it in the near future. I still had fun with the images. I could just imagine this cute giraffe posing for several shots until the perfect one was taken and printed. What a character! No; the giraffe, not me!

I hand-cut and colored the film strip and used several Hero Arts stamps (CM002, CL382, CL155, CG 267) for the giraffes, the background and the balloon.  I also used one stamp by Paper Salon, 1020F.

Thanks, Shari and the great gals over at the Lily Pad !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...