Saturday, May 7, 2011

National Scrapbook Day!

While I don't consider myself a Scrapbooker, my buddies over at Hero Arts are just not going to let me get by without a challenge for this big today. At their blog they provided a sweet sketch (see right) done by the lovely Kelly and challenged us to design a scrapbook page and/or a greeting card.


                                                 I decided to give it a shot (plus it gave me two more chances to win the generous prize package they are offering). Before I even got dressed this morning (don't tell Gary!) I worked on the scrapbook page. I had actually been planning to try to scrapbook some pictures from our Adams family reunion this past summer. I had the cutest group photo that I wanted to spotlight . Well, I rallied to the challenge. It was really kind of fun, but I don't think scrapbooking will ever become my hobby.

For this page I used Hero Arts stamps F510, CL161 and CG298. The cork letters are Making Memories. I think they go well with the dots of the stamped background. For the wise ones I did some paper piecing, popped up the wings and added googley eyes (my favorites!), and highlighted with Copic pens. That is some hand-crocheted lace from one of Granny's pillowcases.


On to the card and a return to my comfort zone! I played around with several ideas for the card, but I settled on this. I need a special "thank you" card. I used Hero Arts stamps CL126, CL479 and CG280. I took some liberties on the sketch, but I believe that is fine. I used the swiss dots embossing folder in my Cuttlebug, Stickles and lots of goodies from my stash to complete the card.

I urge you all to visit the Hero Arts blog for more information on this fun challenge and check out the flickr group to see how the others have designed for this Scrapbook Day challenge.

Enough for today - I am going stir crazy! Got to go get some exercise for body parts other than my fingers. To all you Moms, enjoy tomorrow. My Mom will be in my heart for sure - I miss her every single day. Thanks for looking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...