Friday, May 6, 2011

Hey, Lisa! I Made It + Mailed It.

I usually don't post on Fridays, but I have a special post today. The adorable Lisa Spangler, who has an amazing blog called "sideoats & scribbles", has a fun challenge called "Make It + Mail It; Hey, Sweets"! She wants us to create and actually mail our cards - crazy thought, eh? Check it out and play along. Well, I got to work! But, you see, I had to make two very different cards.


The first one features traditional sweets (I used Hero Arts Stamps CL331- Birthday and CL346 - What's Cooking, DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack paper). That one was mailed this morning to my little niece. Sweeeet!

But, some of my water aerobics pals and I are doing Weight Watchers (Yeah - I am down 13#!), so our lives now have an entirely different concept of sweets. I wanted to send one of those gals a special card of encouragement featuring the kind of sweets that we can enjoy without guilt. For this card I used Hero Arts CL440 - Kiss the Cook and CL442 - Simply the Best and Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper from 2009.

For both cards I colored the images with my Prisma colored pencils, blending with Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) and a stump blender. I love that technique! I am also submitting the cards to the Hero Arts May challenge which includes using colored pencils (see the multi-talented Shari's video on using colored pencils), making ATC's and using Fabulous Flowers.

Have a great weekend, especially you Moms. And seriously think about what type of sweet you really want to eat. Thanks for looking in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...